The Effects of Cannabis Oil
For thousands of years, CBD has been used by humans for its natural medicinal properties that help to remedy a variety of ailments. However, the cannabis plant has been plagued by an unjust stigma, which recent scientific studies have begun to break down and disprove. Today, CBD is embraced by natural medicine and is used to combat physical pain, inflammation and insomnia, as well as treat various medical conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis and Alzheimer’s Disease. Below is a list of diseases and illnesses whose symptoms CBD oil has been known to alleviate.
Stress and anxiety Reduction
- Cannabinoids can activate certain receptors in the human brain which reduce the prevalence of stress in, and on, the body. Studies have confirmed that cannabinoids of the hemp plant work favourably with the Amygdala – the almond-shaped core area of our brain responsible for emotions – as well as the Hippocampus – responsible for memory and learning – to reduce stress. Its calming effects also help to alleviate social anxiety disorders, and in some cases, treat depression. As a result, CBD is useful as a treatment option for reducing long-term chronic stress.
- Cannabidiol-based oils and creams are well-suited as treatment options for patients with acne or dry skin, thanks to CBD’s ability to adjust how the body creates sebum. Eczema and psoriasis have also responded favourably to CBD in numerous individuals. The active ingredient also enhances the body’s process of removing dead skin cells, fostering more radiant skin without flaky peeling, while its antioxidants help to lessen visible signs of skin ageing.
Benefits Heart Health
- CBD has several known cardiovascular benefits that include reduced blood pressure response to stress, which can help to prevent heart disease. Through continued use, its anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties may combat and prevent arteriosclerosis and coronary heart disease. A study by the School of Medicine at Nottingham University also identified that cannabinoids can dilate and relax one’s blood vessels, easing hypertension. Patients with heart disease who are treated with CBD could also be at lower risk of suffering from a heart attack.
- CBD is noted for its pain inhibiting effects that provide relief to various parts of the body. With the correct dosage and continued use, its soothing properties can help to reduce inflammation, ease acute pains, relieve headaches and muscular aches, and appease abdominal pain without any psychoactive side effects. Individuals with severe pains prompted by chronic medical conditions such as Crohn’s Disease and arthritis have also experienced favourable results, however, it is advisable to consult your physician if you are considering CBD as part of your ongoing chronic disease management. Unlike chemically-manufactured painkillers, CBD has no negative side effects on the nervous system, making it a preferred choice for those looking to limit their traditional painkiller usage.
- CBD products can help with sleep because of its anti-anxiety properties and its ability to promote relaxation and restfulness. CBD can be helpful in reducing sleep difficulties and improving sleep quality. CBD may also increase overall sleep amounts, and improve insomnia, according to research. CBD has furthermore been shown to reduce insomnia in people who suffer from chronic pain.
- CBD has been shown to reduce muscle spasticity and pain in patients with Multiple Sclerosis, as well as other symptoms related to the disease such as depression and fatigue.
- Our CBD products will not give you a hunger spike known as “the munchies.” Cannabinoids of the hemp plant can activate either the appetite-stimulating or the appetite-suppressing hormone, which help to promote a healthier appetite, depending on what an individual’s body requires. Thus, it can be used to treat certain eating disorders. CBD also assists with the body’s metabolism, allowing the digestive tract to process foods easier.
- For many people, the urge to smoke a cigarette is triggered by stress. Because of its stress-relieving and calming properties, CBD oil could reduce the number of cigarettes consumed by smokers who are trying to break the habit. Although further study on the efficacy of cannabidiol in the context of nicotine is required, some studies have shown that CBD can inhibit human desire for nicotine by up to 40%.